Spring 2019 Meeting Review
Before we settle back into our daily routines, it’s important to pause and reflect on the amazing content and innovative new ideas that came from our 2019 Spring meeting and just how they will help all of our members continue to grow their businesses.
Growing Your Document Management Business
IIMDA meetings focus on three core pillars:
- Sales & Marketing
- The Business of the Business
- Future Shock – What the future holds for document management
We believe that consistently focus on these three areas with best-in-class content ultimately keeps our businesses moving forward.
Sales & Marketing
A special thanks to our presenters who shared their experiences and successes with the group:
- Building Strategic Partnerships – Brant Rathe – Revolution Data Systems
- Sales Management & Accountability – Matt Solomon – Advanced Imaging Systems
- Improving Your Presentation Skills – Paul Engel – Konica Minolta Business Solutions
- Is Your Website Setup to Facilitate Growth? – Kevin D’Arcy – ThinkFuel Marketing
The Business of the Business
Making time to focus on our internal processes and technologies allows IIMDA members to be best in class when it comes to document scanning, document management and digital transformation solutions. If our members continued to run outdated equipment, overpaid for technology and continuing to follow outdated practices they would not be able to consistently deliver high-quality solutions at fair market pricing. At this meeting, we were fortunate to have terrific presentations and roundtable discussions on the following:
- Document Capture Technology Update – Mardy Fried – Canon
- What Internal Technologies Make Your Business Run – Roundtable Discussion
- Improving Internal Infrastructure – Brant Rathe – Revolution Data Systems
- Handling Maintenance & Support for Customizations and Integrations – Roundtable Discussion
- Sales Use Tax – Roundtable Discussion
- How to Avoid Burnout – Roundtable Discussion
Future Shock is all about the trends and advancements that will be shaping the document management industry for years to come. This year was all about the robots; physical and digital.
- Digital Imaging Through Robotic Digitization – Ripcord
- How RPA Can Streamline Our Operations – Roundtable Discussion
New Faces and Updates to the Board
New members, New England Document Systems, Datamation, and Heartland Business Systems were all in attendance at this meeting, and they wasted no time getting into the “IIMDA Spirit” by sharing some great ideas and providing insightful feedback.
At this meeting, the Board decided to return to having five board members as opposed to four. Elections were held and are proud to welcome Jeff Loreaux from Donnegan Systems as our newest board member.
Fall 2019 Meeting
A friendly reminder that the Fall IIMDA meeting will be in beautiful Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, Canada. The meeting will take place on October 3rd – 5th at the historic Prince of Wales hotel. Keep an eye on your inbox for booking information.